We Take The Time To Listen

Attorney Sharon M. Faulkner and attorney Maura A. Barrett
Attorney Sharon M. Faulkner and attorney Maura A. Barrett

We Take The Time To Listen

Guiding You Through Enforcement And Modification

As time passes and your needs change, certain provisions of your judgment of divorce may no longer serve your best interests. Or, as time passes, an order that was once followed may be ignored. In either circumstance, it is best to seek a lawyer’s help with enforcement and modification proceedings.

At the Poughkeepsie law firm of Ostertag O'Leary Barrett & Faulkner, we are dedicated to guiding clients through this process as effectively and smoothly as possible.

Child Custody And Visitation

Orders of child custody and visitation are often modified because courts recognize that family needs change as children grow. At Ostertag O'Leary Barrett & Faulkner, we can assist you through the process to make sure that everything goes smoothly in the interests of your children.

Regardless of your situation, we can help. We also represent families with parents relocating within or outside of New York state. The law involving relocation presents significant challenges and requires particular expertise and experience that we have.

Child Support

New York state will help parents enforce child support, but enforcement is often more effective with guidance from an experienced attorney.

At Ostertag O'Leary Barrett & Faulkner, we often help our clients explore options that may not otherwise be available to them. We also represent parents accused of not paying child support.

Our experienced attorneys also represent parents in proceedings for modification of child support. We take a holistic approach to this work and conduct a full analysis of the potential benefits, or sometimes drawbacks, of seeking a modification of child support.


We assist clients with both enforcement and modification of maintenance (also known as alimony). Modification usually requires an experienced attorney.

The attorneys at Ostertag O'Leary Barrett & Faulkner have the experience to review your maintenance award and determine whether enforcement or modification is appropriate.

Other Provisions

Sometimes a party will fail to follow the terms of the judgment of divorce, and may refuse to transfer property, may refuse to make payments or will fail to adhere to other requirements set forth in the judgment.

If your former spouse doesn’t obey the property terms of your judgment of divorce, you can file a motion asking the judge to enforce the judgment of divorce. At Ostertag O'Leary Barrett & Faulkner, we often help our clients file post-judgment applications to enforce their judgment of divorce.